Countdown to the 2019 Minnesota Endo March
To Be Determined…
Street parking is available throughout the area for a nominal hourly amount. Otherwise, there is a ramp one block up the street. The Interstate ramp is located at 201 2nd St SE Garage (201 NE 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414). The below map indicates where the march will begin and end at Alchemy Northeast, the route we will take and the nearest parking ramp.
3rd Annual Minnesota Endo March
Saturday, March 30th
The Minnesota Endo March is the local Minnesota extension of the Worldwide Endometriosis March hosted and produced by the Minnesota Endo Warriors. March is endometriosis awareness month and on the last Saturday groups around the world gather to raise awareness and advocate for women with endometriosis.
11:00-11:30 am | Registration Open
11:45-12:00 pm | Prepare to March
12:00-12:45 pm | March from the Minneapolis Event Center across the Stone Arch Bridge
1:00-4:00 pm | Post-March Celebration, Awards & Recognition Reception at the Minneapolis Event Center
The post-march celebration will be a “Happy Hour” style event with hosted hors d’oeuvres, non-alcoholic beverages, beer and wine. Local endometriosis specialist(s) will have the opportunity to speak and women living with endometriosis can share their stories. Britt Thelemann Pangerl will be emceeing this year’s event, she is not only a MN Endo Warriors founding board member living with endometriosis, but a seasoned live-event and on-camera host. This is a family-friendly event and all are welcome. The actual march will only be about 1/2 a mile.
This year we are excited to offer a fundraising opportunity associated with the Endo March. Warriors are encouraged to create a team or individual fundraising page through our partners at Classy. At the post-march reception, awards will be announced for the top individual and team fundraisers!
It’s a great way to encourage your friends and family to support the greater Minnesota endometriosis community. For help creating your page or joining a team please check out our blog post with instructions.
All funds raised are tax-deductible donations to the Minnesota Endo Warriors 501(c)3 organization. The money will be used to further our mission of awareness and advocacy.
Some of our 2019 goals include:
1. Medical Assistance: We would like to offer a grant program where warriors who are struggling to cover their medical bills related to endometriosis treatment (ie. surgery) can request support.
2. More support groups! We’d like to create “chapters” throughout the state and provide “snack funds” to support groups outside the Twin Cities.
3. Education- we’ve had requests to visit elementary, middle and high schools across the state but we need funds to create materials.
4. Merchandise: Many of you have asked how you can get some MNEW merch and we need to build up an inventory
5. Greater Awareness in marginalized communities such as the LGBTQ- we are actively working to get greater access and support for all Warriors!